Does/Can Blogging Actually Drive Sales?
Does blogging actually drive sales? You have heard it said that if you are looking to increase sales and direct people to your product try blogging. But does this work? Or is it just extra work for you and your team? We are here to help answer this question.
To start, let’s first dive into why one would want to blog in the first place.
- It helps drive traffic to your website.
- Through blogging and search engine optimization you can attract new consumers to your site who otherwise might not have found you.
- Every published blog on your site is one more chance to show up in a search engine result.
- You can repurpose blogs for social media.
- An article is content that readers can share on their social media.
- Your team can repurpose blog content for your socials.
- It helps convert traffic into leads.
- This is from call-to-action buttons or links on a blog post.
- Blogs drive long-term results.
- Creating evergreen content that answers a common question will consistently direct people to your post.
- In creating this content, you can direct people to a post that answers their questions when asked in the future.
How Blogging Drives Sales?
In an article regarding this topic, Intergrowth states that other websites backlinking to a blog you wrote is the number one way blogs drive sales.
- Other websites backlinking to you in their posts, boosts the rank of your article on search engines and increases your online presence.
- Through backlinking, your blog post not only reaches more readers but becomes more credible. In turn, making your site and company more trustworthy. And as we all know, trust is the secret to sales.
- In turn, when your article gets backlinked it boosts the pages linked in your article - endorses them (external links are more valuable).
- This is a win-win situation for all parties involved.
- Boosts brand awareness. The more your articles are circulated the more people become aware of your brand and products.
Statistics About Blogging
For all of the number people out there, here are some statistics about blogging and its ability to drive sales.
- 37 seconds is the average time a reader spends reading a blog post. (NewsCred)
- 77% of internet users regularly read blog posts. (Impact)
- 71% of B2B buyers consume blog content during their buyer journey. (Demand Gen)
- Blogging influences 6% of eCommerce sales. This doubles to 12% for companies that blog regularly for 12 months. (Matcha Benchmark Report)
- 60% of people cite purchasing a product after originally reading a blog post about that product. (Demand Metric)
- Having a blog on your website increases your chances of ranking higher in a search engine by 434%. (Tech Client)
- 95% of searchers never go past the first page of Google’s search results page. (Brafton)
Does Blogging Actually Drive Sales?
In Hubspot’s 2021 marketing survey they found that 20% of marketing leaders described company blogs as one of their "most important channels" for hitting goals.
Hubspot also surveyed nearly 300 consumers to learn if reading a company’s blog post led them to make purchases from that brand. When asked, "Have you ever purchased something from a company after reading a blog post from them?" 56% said "Yes."
As mentioned before, if your blog post builds trust with your audience then they are more likely to trust your product and make a purchase.
A customer can receive more in-depth information in a blog post over a quick video. Similar to how you get more information in a book versus a movie, the same applies to a blog. Although videos are gaining traction in popularity, you have a limited time frame to get your point across.
Also, with this limited time, the audience of a video does not want to be bombarded with text. Whereas, in a blog, the audience is coming there to learn. This format allows you room to go in-depth and a better chance of persuasion.
Unlike in some other formats of marketing, you can directly link your product. With links directly embedded into a blog, once persuaded, a customer can click directly to the page to purchase. Thus, limiting the steps the customer would have to go through to complete the purchase and minimizing the time in between persuasion and purchase.
How Power Move Marketing Can Help You Drive Sales
Have we sold you on blogging? Hopefully, by now you are seeing the value in having a blog and that they do drive sales. I know it's crazy! We looked into this topic just as much for ourselves as for you.
Now that blogging is at the forefront of your mind it is important to do it right. Is your current website equipped to integrate a blog? Are you and your team knowledgeable of SEO or have the time and ideas to write articles? If these questions are making you uneasy do not fret. At Power Move Marketing we offer many services that will set you up for success!
We are here for you. Request a quote and we can design a plan to not only increase sales but to make your brand shine. Let’s make some power moves!
Author: Kayli Berardinelli