How To Go Viral On TikTok In 2023
In the past 2 years, TikTok has quickly become one of the top social media platforms to use. From creators posting Get Ready With Me videos, to businesses promoting their brands and putting their own spin on a trending audio, there is space here for everyone to create fun and engaging content. If you want to discover more about TikTok and why your brand should be on it, check out some information here!
It comes as no surprise that TikTok is currently the fastest-growing social media platform in the world, with so many users, it can be challenging to understand how to get your content to reach the right people and do so consistently! Keep reading to learn about a few tips that will get you started on TikTok and help your page go viral.
1. Keep it short. TikTok offers 15-second, 60-second, and 3-minute long videos, but it is recommended you keep it on the shorter end. Viewers like to watch videos that are straight to the point and are more likely to watch the entirety of a 15-second long video compared to anything else. Furthermore, the most successful and popular videos hardly ever reach the 30-second mark.
In some cases though, you may want to tell a story that uses up more time. As an alternative, we suggest breaking up your videos into multiple parts. Make sure you remind your viewers to follow and stay tuned for the upcoming parts.
It is also important to check out your TikTok analytics to view specific metrics and insights. This will help you figure out what video length performs best for your demographic.
2. Incorporate the latest TikTok trends. Stay up to date with what trends are going around at the time and try to put your creative twist on it. You can identify and spot trending videos by checking out TikTok’s Discovery pages. Trends tend to come and go fast, but, if you can keep up with relevant videos, there is a better chance yours will go viral.
A fun little tip is that viewers appeal most to comedic and humorous messaging. This is a good way to grab your audience’s attention and gain more views.
On a similar topic, certain types of videos drive more traction on TikTok. Viewers are attracted to content that teaches them something new such as “Did you know?” and “How-to” videos. Additionally, “before and after” videos that show a transformation are popular among users and keep them pulled in.
3. Post. Post. Post. Like any other social media platform, consistency is key for TikTok. The more often content is created and posted, the more engagement you will receive in return.
A bigger presence allows you to reach more people and builds trust with your followers. If you post frequently, people will begin to look forward to your videos, thus creating loyalty and a growing community.
Posting consistently also gives you a better idea of what videos perform best for you and can help you decide on a theme to build your account.
4. Create high-quality videos. Be strategic and make sure your content catches the reader's attention to ensure they keep watching until the end.
Storytelling is a huge part of producing high-quality content. With storytelling, others can connect and relate to what you have to say. It may also bring out emotions in them such as happiness, fear, or laughter.
Adding closed captions is another desirable component to include in your videos. This feature helps your content become more inclusive and reach a wider audience.
The music or audio you choose plays another important role in its quality and success. You want to look out for trending songs and pick one that fits nicely with your type of content. To locate this, you can go to the “For You” page and identify which audios are being used most often. You can also go to the ‘Sounds’ section when editing your video and scroll under ‘Discover’. This is where trending songs will appear.
5. Find your niche and stick to it. Once you have your account up and running, decide on one to two niches for your page. Your content should revolve around those topics and stick to them.
As TikTok has gained massive popularity, videos that are too generic may go unnoticed which is why we recommend having a target audience. It is a much more realistic and ideal goal to go viral within your niche/community than to land on the “For You” page suddenly.
6. Using hashtags, closed captions, and descriptions. Using hashtags allows TikTok’s algorithm to place you in front of viewers that are more responsive to your type of content. Including around three to five hashtags is sufficient and still gives you enough room for your caption. Try not to use any basic or generic hashtags because those will not have any significant impact, instead, search for trending hashtags.
Closed captions are also important and can help your videos go viral. Not everybody watches videos with the audio turned on so adding engaging captions allows you to reach even more people.
Descriptions (or captions) should also be well thought out. By asking questions or provoking thoughts in your descriptions, your videos are likely to get more engagement and you can start interacting with your viewers. It should entice people to stay on your video and explore your page.
For more tips, advice, and strategies on all things marketing and branding, check out the rest of Power Move Marketing’s blogs.
Author: Emilie Stutts