How to Utilize Pinned Posts on Instagram as a Brand.
Instagram has led the pack when it comes to the ever-changing social media landscape. From algorithm updates prioritizing video content with Reels, one may wonder if static content can still perform well organically at all. The good news is, it can! Pinning posts to your profile is a great way for both static and video content to be prioritized when driving visitors to your profile. Pinned posts on both brand and creator pages can be used for more engagement and brand identity. Let’s take a look at how to make this happen!
What is pinning a post?
Pinning a post on Instagram means being able to pick up to 3 posts (photos or reels) to feature at the top of your page. This is a great way to ensure your audience views your can’t-miss content first and foremost when they come to your profile page. . Pinned posts could be utilized as an introduction or highlighting your brand’s most recent promotion.
Pinned posts should help visitors get an easy look into your content and your overall brand.
How to pin a post
Pinning a post to your Instagram only takes a few quick steps.
- Go to one of your posts and click the three dots in the top right corner.
- Select the ‘Pin to your profile option.
- Return to your profile and check that it is pinned to the top row on your profile.
The same goes for unpinning a post.
- Go to the post and click the three dots at the top right corner.
- Select the ‘Unprin from profile’ option.
You are able to pin a maximum of 3 posts to showcase on the top of your profile. Rotating posts and switching content once newer and relevant posts get done is a great way to keep your profile up to date date and followers engaged.
Why do pinning posts matter?
Pinning posts lets you move your favorite or more relevant photos and Reels to the top of your profile. Choosing content that you want to highlight is important for creators who post often or need to promote different and new content. Similar to pinning, highlights serve as a great way to “pin” your most important stories on your profile.
How to use Pinning for your brand
For brands, pinning posts and reels can be crucial for engagement and should be incorporated into your marketing strategy with each content calendar. marketing plan. Here are a few ways you can use pinned posts to your advantage with your brand:
- Review pinned posts every other week, even if the content is not time-sensitive, and look into rotating the posts.
- Check analytics on the pinned posts and test to see what works best. Maybe your product does better with reels to show off all elements or seasonal posts get more interaction. Learning what works for your brand is a big part of using this feature to be able to take advantage of it.
- If you are coming up with a new marketing plan for your brand, look at ways to align the pinned posts and content with it. Example: Holiday posts or upcoming events for a brand can be included in your marketing plan and used to increase engagement.
- Introduction posts are also great posts to pin but can need to be updated a bit more often based on the brand you are working with. This is especially great for a smaller brand that wants to highlight themselves and their product etc.
- If you are a business trying to feature reasons customers should do business or take a chance with you, including any press or features about you in the pinned posts can work for you!
There are many ways to utilize pinned posts for your brand’s advantage. If you want to learn more and see how your brand can grow, request a free quote here!
Author: Sabrina R.