UGC: What is it and How Can Brands Utilize it?
We’ve all scrolled through TikTok watching haul and try-on videos for hours on end. Most of the time, these videos encourage you to go to the same websites and businesses to buy the same clothes or products. This is the perfect example of UGC - user-generated content.
What is UGC?
UGC or user-generated content is original, brand-specific content created by customers that post the content on social media or other platforms. UGC can be anything from images to videos to reviews and even podcasts.
UGC helps create an organic and real clientele and customer experience. These people do not originally get paid to make this content, they make it to ultimately get a following themselves or to simply express their opinions on the product and brand.
Why is UGC Important?
UGC is a natural way to increase engagement and sales. Businesses can use UGC to their advantage by adding it to emails, and websites, or even reposting it to their social media. UGC helps brands and businesses grow and lets the customers be a part of that growth. It also creates a brand-to-consumer relationship helping to build brand loyalty.
How to Utilize UGC
Utilizing UGC can help a brand grow and create a loyal community if done correctly. Brands using UGC have better relationships with their customers and overall have a well-established community. Here are some tips on how to utilize and use UGC:
- Ask for permission. It is crucial to always get consent to use content from others. Asking for permission to repost a creator’s content shows them that you like what they are doing and gets them excited about being featured on your page.
- Credit the creator. Going along with asking for permission, crediting the creator is also a crucial part of utilizing UGC. To credit the creator you can ask them how they would like to be credited or simply tag them in the post if their content is being reposted on social media.
- Specify the kind of content you want. UGC creators want their content to be shown on your social media pages. That means they are willing to create specific content that you are looking for. Don’t be afraid to create a guideline for the kind of content you are looking for.
- Use the right kind of content. Depending on what you are trying to promote, it is important to figure out what kind of content you want to use. Whether it be an image, a video, or testimonials, you want to make sure it aligns with your brand and your message.
- Set specific goals. Just like any other campaign, it is important to set goals and strategies when using UGC. Some goals with UGC are increasing brand awareness and loyalty, increasing sales, and increasing engagement.
UGC can not only help you grow your business, but it can also help you create a community of brand loyal customers. UGC is beneficial for you and the creators. The content they create helps grow brand awareness and when you repost their content, it helps them grow too.
If you want to learn how to utilize UGC visit our website or contact us today! Our team at Power Move Marketing is excited to help you grow your business and keep up with the trends.
Author: Lauren Washko